Sunday, July 10, 2011

Looking out at Grandpa O'Brien

Jeff's dad passed away in November of 2007.  So Jeff and I took Carter up the other day to meet his Grandpa O'Brien.  We went to the special place where Jeff spread his dads ashes and showed Carter just how beautiful it is.  The dogs came too and we just sat for a second and enjoyed our time there.


Jeff, Carter and Grandpa O. (And Kipp too)  All the boys made it into this picture!

I love this pic.  That's my family.

Kisses for Carter.

Carter Plane!  I have a feeling we will be getting a lot of these pictures everywhere we go.  :)

He looks like a little Cholo baby.  Ha ha!

So, now Carter has met both of his Grandpas.  Too bad Jeff's dad isn't here to enjoy our little man.  I think he would really adore him.  Carter's middle name (Emmett) came from his Grandpa O- James Emmett Michael Patrick O'Brien.  What a strong Irish name!!  I'm glad we were able to honor Jeff's father by using one of his names for Carter's middle name.  He deserves it and I know that Jeff loved his dad very much and thinks about him every day.  Now there is a little of his dad in Carter.  :)

No comments: